Monday, August 22, 2011

Keeping Sane and Banana Pudding

DSC01736(rev 1)
Hello my name is Robyn and I am the little sister in this trio. I first want to welcome everyone to our new blog! We are so excited about this new adventure! I will be posting every Tuesday and I can’t wait!!
Keeping Sane
I am always asked how I manage to stay so organized and on top of things. I sometimes laugh at this question because if you saw some of the drawers in my bathroom you would never ask me that question. However, I tend to be very type A and I love and thrive on routines and schedules. I follow a tight schedule every day as a teacher and I love it!  When I get home from a long day at work, I want to be able to spend as much time with my family as possible. I mainly do the same routine everyday and it gets me ready for the next day in a short amount of time.
As soon as I walk in the house, I put all the bags (diaper, lunch, and purse) down and quickly go through the mail. All the junk goes in the recycling, bills in a drawer, and magazines in a basket.
 DSC05563(rev 1)DSC05564(rev 1)
I then put all dirty sippy cups and my lunch containers in the dishwasher. I then check to see if I need to replenish anything in the diaper bag (diapers, wipes etc.). I make cups for the next day and morning.
DSC05562(rev 1)
All the bags and mail go in the pantry on a shelf and out of the way.
DSC05565(rev 1)
Bags and lunches are ready for the next day! I also pick out mine and Andrews clothes for the next day. Mornings are so much smoother!
Question: How do you get out the door quickly in the morning?
Banana Pudding
image
We all know that southern people love some banana pudding! My mother-in-law makes the BEST! I have personally never made this, I am NOT a cooker, but I have done plenty of tasting! Smile
1 (14 oz) can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 1/2 cups of Cold water
1 (4serving size pkg.) of instant vanilla flavor pudding mix
2 cups (1 pint) Whipping Cream, whipped
36 vanilla wafers
3 med. bananas, sliced and dipped in lemon juice concentrate
In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and water. Add pudding mix; beat well. Chill 5 mins. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon 1 cup pudding mixture into 2-1/2 quart glass serving bowl. Top with one third of the wafers, bananas, and pudding. Repeat layering twice, ending with pudding. Cover and chill.
Enjoy!
Robyn

5 comments:

Meg said...

I stink at paper organization. I have a huge pile right now that needs to be sorted through. I am still loving your hidden bags and am trying to figure out where we can put ours! YAYYAYAYAY, The pudding recipe! I am so making this very soon! Thanks and look forward to the new blog!

Jamie said...

Love the blog! The idea is so great! Can't wait to see all the goodies you girls post! Already added to my reader! :)

Amy said...

What a cute blog idea! I'm an only child, so I don't have sisters to write (or shop, or chat, or eat, or play...)with. Good luck on this adventure. I'll be sure to keep checking you gals out!!

Unknown said...

oh banana pudding Noah is going to love this :)

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Looks like this is going to be a fabulous blog full of tips, recipes and fun stuff.
Thanks for dropping by yesterday, Carrie. : )
M.L.